You can’t have a meal-prep plan without cookies – where’s the balance in that? Keep it simple and nutritious with these four ingredients. This is the only chocolate chip cookies recipe you need.
By Sally O’Neil
270 g (1 cup) tahini
80ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
200g (2 cups) almond meal
3 tablespoons cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
½ teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the tahini and maple syrup into a saucepan over low heat.
- Mix until well combined, remove from the heat and stir in the almond meal and cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a heaped tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball between your hands, then place on the prepared baking tray and press down with your hands to flatten. Sprinkle with salt, if using. This recipe makes 15 cookies.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes and cool before transferring to an airtight container.
Store the cookies in the fridge for up to 7 days, or freeze for up to 1 month (if they last that long!)
This chocolate chip cookies recipe is from The Fit Foodie Meal Prep Plan by Sally O’Neil, RRP $35 from Murdoch Books.