This recipe by Sam Wood will have the kids thinking they’re eating a naughty chocolate-loaded snack, but it’s actually good for them! #mumhack
By Sam Wood
‘Mum, I’m hungry…’ is the most-used phrase in most households. So next time your hangry little monsters come looking for something to eat, surprise them with this super yum Snickers Icy Poles recipe. The best part is they’ll think they’re having a naughty snack, but it’s loaded with nourishing ingredients.
Snickers Icy Poles Recipe
3 cups banana, frozen
2/3 cup Mayvers smooth peanut butter
1 cup coconut milk
200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Add the frozen bananas, peanut butter and coconut milk into a food processor. Blend on high speed until it forms a smooth consistency. If required, add a splash more milk.
2. Pour or spoon the mixture into the icy pole moulds and place an icy pole stick into each. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
3. After this time, melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler. When it’s melted, stir through the maple syrup.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into a glass that is big enough to dip the icy poles into.
5. Remove the icy poles from the freezer. Dip an icy pole into the chocolate to coat it, then sprinkle the peanuts over the top. Repeat with the remaining icy poles.
6. Return the chocolate coated icy poles to the freezer for an hour until the chocolate is solidified.
Sign up to our newsletter for weekly mama goodness delivered straight to your inbox, like the VIP that you are.