Because every day is worthy of whipping up pancakes, this recipe for buttermilk pancakes will make your insides smile.
By Mama Disrupt®
It might not be the weekend yet but who said you had to wait until Saturday or Sunday to have pancakes? We’re officially labelling that person a party pancake pooper.
This recipe for buttermilk pancakes serves 2 to 3 people – depending how hungry you are!
What we love most about pancakes is that the kids can grab a stool and help with the mixing [if you don’t mind a little mess].
Then we suggest popping some tasty toppings on the table for them to create their own delicious masterpieces.
Sometimes a mama will do anything to keep the littles entertained for a bit – plus it silences the ‘Mummm I’m hungry’ cries.
- 200g flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 600ml buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix fresh berries, to serve
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl, make sure the melted butter is not too hot.
- In a pan with middle heat, pour the pancake mix slowly.
- After two min, flip it. Cook it for one or more minutes.
- To serve, arrange with berries and pour on maple syrup.