by Courtenay Perks, Whole Vegan Pantry
If you’re strapped for time – and like me have a multiple monster-truck loads of washing to do – try this Quick and easy noodle salad with almond butter sauce recipe.
- 1 pack rice noodles, cooked following instructions on the pack, drained and rinsed in cold water in a colander
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers thinly sliced
- 2-3 red chillies deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls coriander leaves
- 1 handful raw almonds chopped
- 1 red capsicum thinly sliced
Almond butter sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup almond butter (I like the one from @mayversfood)
- 3 tbs tamari soy sauce
- 2-3 lemons juiced
- 1 tsp ground Himalayan sea salt
- In a large bowl, toss noodles, all vegetables, chilli, coriander and almonds to combine.
- To make the sauce, blend all ingredients quickly in a food processor to combine.
- Mix almond butter sauce through the noodles and veggies.
- Drizzle with extra lemon juice and Himalayan sea salt and serve.