As winter rolls around next week our desire to nourish our bodies with soul-warming food is likely to go up a notch. These delicious sweet potato and almond butter brownies by Courtenay Perks from Whole Vegan Pantry are the perfect sweet treat. You’re welcome!
- 1 cup almond butter (or peanut if you’re a peanut butter kinda gal/guy)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (simmer 1 small skinned and diced sweet potato in water in a saucepan til soft and blend to a purée)
- 1/4 cup organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup spelt flour or gluten free alternative
- 1 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- Choc sauce
- 1/4 cup raw chocolate
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a brownie tin with coconut oil and baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the tahini, coconut sugar, olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and puree until smooth. Mix in cacao, flour and baking powder until batter is smooth.
- Spread and flatten in baking tin. Bake for 25 mins. Leave to sit in the tin to cool.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the raw chocolate and coconut oil and stir until smooth. Drizzle sauce over the brownies.