by Mandy Sacher, paediatric nutritionist, mum and author of Wholesome Child: Complete Nutrition Guide and Cookbook
Looking for something to supercharge you for the day, mama? We thought so! Step right this way…
Acai berries and low in sugar, extremely high in antioxidants and contain excellent amounts of iron, calcium, fibre and vitamin A. This acai breakfast bowl recipe is both gluten-free and vegan.
Prep: 5 mins
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup (160g) frozen cherries
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons acai powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 5 cashews, soaked or 1 tbs nut butter
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- Optional toppings: banana slices, berries, nuts, seeds
TIP: Try replacing the cherries with any frozen berries of choice.
- Place all ingredients (except for toppings) into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place in a bowl and add a selection of your favourite toppings.
Serving and storing leftovers: Serve immediately or store in the freezer for up to four months. Alternatively, place leftovers in popsicle moulds and freeze for four hours before serving.
You might also like…