Most of the trends on TikTok are a bit too cringe, but the viral sensation that is cozy cardio, is literally made for us. Grab your iced latte, light a candle and let’s go.
By Mama Disrupt®
If you’re anything like us and find yourself scrolling through TikTok during those teeny pockets of “me-time“, you might’ve spotted the buzz around this gem – cozy cardio. Now, what in the world is this magic, and why are we, mums, loving it so much?
Imagine a workout that’s all heart, but less hustle. Cozy cardio is like cuddling up with a good book, but you’re moving! Maybe you’re swaying to your fav tunes in your cozy PJs or perhaps strolling on the treadmill lost in that binge-worthy Netflix series. Ever thought of stretching out with some gentle yoga by the warmth of your fireplace? That’s the spirit of cozy cardio.
“LISTEN TO YOUR BODY: IF IT SAYS REST, HONEY, YOU REST. WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE TOMORROW.”
Here’s the thing – sometimes the high-intensity, jump-around-the-room workouts just aren’t our jam. We’re exhausted, pressed for time, or perhaps just not in the mood to get sweaty in a room full of strangers. Cozy cardio gets us. It says, “Mama, do it your way, in your space, at your speed.”
Here’s the cherry on top – this isn’t just some feel-good movement. There’s some real good it does for us:
- Melting away those stress clouds
- Inviting in that deep, peaceful sleep
- Perking up our energy vibes
- Lifting our spirits
- Keeping our goddess bods moving
- Boosting heart and lung health
- Flexing and strengthening our muscles
If you’re nodding along thinking, “Yes, that’s the slice of workout heaven I’ve been dreaming of,” here are some gentle nudges to get you started:
- Pick your groove: Be it groovy dances, serene walks, or calming yoga – find what tickles your heart.
- Start slow and gentle: No need to run a marathon on day one, love. Small steps!
- Joy is key: Play those guilty pleasure tracks, laugh at that rom-com, or set up a cozy candle-lit nook.
- Listen to your body: If it says rest, honey, you rest. We’ll always have tomorrow.
So, darling mamas, if there’s ever been a time to love on yourself and shimmy in your jammies – it’s now. Let’s embrace this cozy cardio charm and sprinkle a little self love magic into our days.
Sign up to our newsletter for weekly mama goodness delivered straight to your inbox, like the VIP that you are.