by Courtenay Perks, Whole Vegan Pantry
If you’re looking for a healthy chocolate cake, you will fall head over heels for this raw one that is sandwiched with ganache and raspberries.
- 1 1/2 cups date puree (To make, simmer pitted dates in a little water until soft and then blend to make puree)
- 3 cups apple puree (To make, simmer peeled and roughly chopped apples in water until soft and then blend to make puree)
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (I use @nakedfoods)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tspn baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups cacao powder
- A few extra berries, figs and rice malt syrup, to serve
- 3-4 avocados
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 punnet of fresh raspberries
- Mix all dry ingredients and add in wet ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon batter into two 20cm sandwich tins lined and greased with olive oil. Bake both cakes at 160 degrees celsius for 40 minutes and test with a skewer to check cakes are cooked.
- Allow the cakes to cool in their tins before carefully removing and set aside until it’s time to assemble with the ganache.
- To make the ganache, blend all ingredients until smooth. Place in the fridge for five minutes or more to firm up a little.
- When the cakes have cooled down, place one cake on your serving plate. Add the first layer of ganache, then add one layer of raspberries, next add the second cake layer, and then finally spread ganache over the top and sides of the cake.
- Decorate with fresh berries, figs and a drizzle of rice malt syrup.