Looking for #meatfreemonday inspo? These ‘meatballs’ are super quick and easy to whip up and because they’re made with mouthwatering Moroccan spices they’re so tasty the kids won’t even know they’re eating something healthy – winning!
Racking your brain for more delicious dinner ideas? Download the free Vegie Delights e-Cookbook for on-the-go recipes.
1 can Vegie Delights Nutolene
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for frying
1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (70g) sunflower seeds
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Pinch cayenne pepper or chilli flakes
1/4 cup sesame seeds to roll meatless balls
800g Jap pumpkin, cut into 3cm wedges
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground sumac
1/4 cup mint leaves, shredded
1/4 cup parsley leaves, picked
- Heat oven to 200°C, line a large tray with greaseproof paper, toss pumpkin pieces with olive oil, cinnamon, sumac, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake pumpkin in oven for 30 minutes.
- Make the meatless meatballs while the pumpkin is cooking, by mixing Vegie Delights Nutolene, garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper in a food processor and blitz until the mixture has a uniform consistency.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls with clean hands, coat with sesame seeds and set onto a plate.
- Cook meatless meatballs in a frypan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss frequently to ensure even cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve meatless meatballs and pumpkin on a large platter or bowl, garnished with fresh mint and parsley.