Sometimes nothing beats a bowl of soul-food that is packed full of nutrients and healthy goodness.
For a truly nourishing recipe, look no further than this delicious charcoal detox smoothie with hemp granola (and loads of other healthy ingredients) from the wonderful Courtenay Perks from Whole Vegan Pantry.
// Hemp granola
- 1 cup hemp
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 2 cups puffed rice or millet
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp black strap molasses
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes
- Store in a jar in the pantry.
// Activated Charcoal Smoothie
- 500g organic frozen banana
- 200g organic frozen blueberries
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp almond or other nut butter
- 1 tbsp activated charcoal powder
- 2-3 cups filtered water or almond milk
- Fresh fruit, to garnish (optional)
- Pop all ingredients in a blender, and blend to combine.
- Serve in bowl and top with granola and fresh fruit.
You might also like Winter Warmer: Lentil and sweet potato curry recipe, Soul Food: Sweet potato and almond butter brownies, and NOURISH: 5-minute smoothie recipes for a nutrient boost.