by Courtenay Perks, Whole Vegan Pantry
I don’t often share my salads, but I’m always eating veggies. I literally can’t get enough. Nuts for the veg. So here’s the recipe for my Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Avocado Salad with Lemon Dressing.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 3 sweet potatoes skinned and diced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 handfuls wager baby spinach leaves
- 2 avocados diced
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Himalayan sea salt and cracked pepper, to season
- Roast sweet potato for one hour in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook quinoa in a saucepan with the water until absorbed and allow to cool.
- Mix all ingredients for salad in a large bowl.
- Whiz ingredients for the dressing in a food processor.
- Pour dressing over the salad and season with Himalayan sea salt and cracker pepper.